Monday, May 07, 2007

Damn Scholastic Book Club!

My son wants the Scholastic Book Club collection of Magic Tree House books. 28 books! Including research books! I just bought him a collection of 4. Now he goes to 28. That's quite the jump.

I can't say no to this. I will buy him the books. I will not buy him toys. I've explained that toys are for Christmas and birthdays. Books? How could I say 'NO' to books? We have some of our best conversations over stuff he reads about in the Magic Tree House books! This collection is only $39.95. He will get the books. After we've built the rocket and after we've opened the weather science kit he's got.

I love being a Mom. I really, really do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eva Gale said...

Oh, man. Doesn't that make you know you did something right? the kid WANTS to read. Awesome.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Hulles said...

That is awesome. And I'm jealous. I'm sure I'd love the Scholastic books myself. And the rocket. And the weather station. Stuff like this is wonderful; keep it up.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home